Saturday, April 21, 2012

Need some help evaluating this rare pally shield

This is escl, but any input here is welcome. I realize this will be something hard to price, but I just want to know if it "hit" or not.

Heres the stats:

Dire Ageis

Akaran Targe

217 def

60% CTB (currently)

30% FBR

20% increased blocking

73% edef

48 @res (this obviously got an @res mod +pally auto @res mod)

DMG reduced by 4 (too bad this didnt get a higher roll!)

2 OS

Lvl req 33

Okay so here is my take. This can be upgraded to a ST for capped increasing blocking and even higher def. With 2 os and UM runes this would be at 92@res. Kind of a low sanctuary, but with better block. However, I think where it might really shine is in stacking res for a single resist. Where 2 pgems would give it 128 res to that single resist. Would be nice for a PvP switch for some classes. I was also thinking about the possibility of use for this for an FoH'er. Where it would be socketed with 2x 5/5 lite die facets. Would that give you better damage than the +2 combat/+2 all pskills on a hoz? Lastly I was thinking with 2 sol runes, this would be pretty nice for an invincy build pally--Taking it to 18 iPDR, again too bad that iPDR wasnt higher.

I realize that a jewelers "pally shield X" of deflecting would still be superior to this, but who has those laying around?



I think what its missing to put it into that "extremely" valuable category is the +2 pally skills (I id all rare pally shields and find the +2 skills all the time, never with any useful mods tho!)

Anyway, any help would be greatly appreciated. Should I auction this? Keep it for selfuse? If it is something to auction what should I expect? A little? A lot?

Thanks|||You can't upgrade rare items as far as I know, only uniques. Therefore this can't be upped to a ST and therefore its really not worth anything special imo. Keep it for self use I suppose, but for dueling I really don't think it measures up||| Rares can be upped.

Although I don't know if this shield is useful... wait for someone else to call the verdict.|||Oh my bad I'm an idiot, I've been away from the game for a little while and forgot about the formula. Well in that case wait for someone else's verdict, since I am not very experienced with dueling.|||This shield seems standard to me somehow.

Its nice really, but what use does it have?

Looks like a mld pala shield vs low casters...

My 2 cents..

Peace|||What the shield has going for it: 2 sockets, good blocking, and decent resistance.

Whats not: Low enhanced def, no + to skills.

The damage reduction by numbers is negible on rares (max would be 7), better to pick the blues where on shields you can get 15 (jewelers st of amicae with 4 sols anyone) and is for pvm use only

Single res shields is better achieved with a 4x all res 4 socket ST (or SR if in dire need) acheving 20x single res. (or in combination with runes like Lo, Vex or Ohm (or sur, but better with antidotes) also raising the max res)

Def is also low, it needs atleast 15x% to be of any significance. (with eth and self repair would be even better).

Its not a good shield IMO, self use only.

- D.J.

No comments:

Post a Comment