Wednesday, April 18, 2012

[EuScL] elite pala sheild

Found this elite pala sheild on the way to nila has no res

but other stats look ok is it worth anything?

Sup Kurast Sheild

def 193

enh dam 55%

Ar 111

enh def 12%



cheers|||That would make for one hell of a phoenix shield. The def is high enough that people might even buy it to make exile. Def worth something.|||I can't see anyone using that for exile, the defense sucks compared to any elite eth shield. And don't people usually want base res for exile?

I wouldn't toss it for sure, but I'm not sure quite how much you could get for it. I'm not sure I like the idea of Phoenix in a no res shield either for a pally, although the damage would be incredible.|||Quote:








That would make for one hell of a phoenix shield. The def is high enough that people might even buy it to make exile. Def worth something.





Quote:








I can't see anyone using that for exile, the defense sucks compared to any elite eth shield. And don't people usually want base res for exile?

I wouldn't toss it for sure, but I'm not sure quite how much you could get for it. I'm not sure I like the idea of Phoenix in a no res shield either for a pally, although the damage would be incredible.




Thx kinda funny but to keep such a balky item on off chance. and not too sure bout res either as till yeasterday my smiter had bad res and did ok need to run more and truely see but maxing his res seams to have had only a small effect.|||Depends where you are going with your smiter... try running into a boss pack of gloams with low light res and see what happens, having 75+ is very important in certain situations, but most importantly theres really no reason to not have max resists as a paladin, except maybe to poison. A decent shield, 30ish on the armor, a little from the belt/gloves/helmet depending on your setup, throw an um rune in your helmet if need be, a couple charms...

And are you planning on doing ubers/ have you done them? Try doing Uber Meph with 50 in each resist and see how long you last lol.|||Quote:








Depends where you are going with your smiter... try running into a boss pack of gloams with low light res and see what happens, having 75+ is very important in certain situations, but most importantly theres really no reason to not have max resists as a paladin, except maybe to poison. A decent shield, 30ish on the armor, a little from the belt/gloves/helmet depending on your setup, throw an um rune in your helmet if need be, a couple charms...

And are you planning on doing ubers/ have you done them? Try doing Uber Meph with 50 in each resist and see how long you last lol.




sure i uber and have notice a diffrence vs mephi and lilth with better res but at the same time i uped my res i put trechery on my merc this has had a much larger inpact then adding to my res also vs mephi i use res aura so even b4 they were max vs him|||the problem is that even if you don't think res is very good on a smiter for ubers, +%ed and +ar is DEFINITELY worse, since you're using smite, which hits automatically and benefits VERY little from +%ed.|||Quote:








sure i uber and have notice a diffrence vs mephi and lilth with better res but at the same time i uped my res i put trechery on my merc this has had a much larger inpact then adding to my res also vs mephi i use res aura so even b4 they were max vs him




I'm confused by what you're saying... are you saying you prebuff with treachery and then use salvation? Because yes this will solve res problems for anyone. but its so much more work lol.

I really don't see the benefit of that shield to be honest... people use ED +Ar shield all the time for LLD, but like Arkain said the AR is totally wasted when using smite. If it works for you, use it, but I don't see any great application for it so I don't see why it would have high trade value, but that's just me.|||ok lol your confused, both you guy said its worth keeping now its got no use. scollin i dont use treachery my merc does the guy from act 2 with the pole and aura. Also i can see how 55 ed could be a benifit to a smiter whos dmg is directly linked to life the point about ar sure but dmg and doing more dmg can only be a good thing even at the cost of res when all it takes is an aura switch.|||Quote:








ok lol your confused, both you guy said its worth keeping now its got no use. scollin i dont use treachery my merc does the guy from act 2 with the pole and aura. Also i can see how 55 ed could be a benifit to a smiter whos dmg is directly linked to life the point about ar sure but dmg and doing more dmg can only be a good thing even at the cost of res when all it takes is an aura switch.




Ummm... when you switch auras you sacrifice fanaticism, which adds WAAAAAAAAAAYYYY more damage than that shield... So you are sacrificing 373% ED (from Fanat) for 60% ED on your shield? Now I'm not positive about smite mechanics for ED but there's no way thats working out in your favour.

As for treachery, I know this is OT but your merc uses that in Tristram? Does he last 2 seconds or 1?

Anyways the point of the thread is the shield... I actually found a very similar one in CS yesterday (higher ED, same AR, no defense bonus) and tossed it, simply because I can't think of a real use for it and I don't see why anyone would buy it. Maybe there's some great strategy that I don't know about that involves these shields, but as far as I know ED/AR pally shield are only really used for Low Level Dueling, and since this is an elite shield it won't work for that.

But like I said, if you like it, use it. If you have a lot of great resist charms it would make a pretty awesome Phoenix I suppose, but that's for someone looking for a very specific setup, and that person would probably be picky and want higher damage on the shield.

No comments:

Post a Comment